What will you learn in this course?
Are you struggling with working with HTML using Selenium WebDriver? Do you know how to easily identify and manipulate an element using Selenium WebDriver? How about performing a drag n’ drop on an element? If not, then these are just a few of the questions that will be answered in this course.
This course is a complete guide on working with web elements in Selenium WebDriver! Once you are finished with this course, you will know how to work with any web elements, anytime, on any web application.
In this course from Ultimate QA, you will learn:
– Basics of HTML
– All the different locator strategies for Selenium WebDriver
– How to identify web elements using Selenium WebDriver
– Master XPath
– Navigation with Selenium WebDriver
– Web element manipulation
– Web element interrogation
– Mouse and keyboard actions with Selenium WebDriver
– Performing actions such as drag n’ drop, drawing, hovering
– Implicit and Explicit waits
– How to properly handle element identification so that your tests are not flaky
– Expected Conditions in Selenium WebDriver
What will you learn in this lecture?
In this video, we will go through the answers as to why our page objects are WET.
Selenium Tutorial – Page Objects in Test Automation – Quiz Answers to why our page objects are WET
The problem with Page objects and why are where it is that we have constant constructors being repeated over and over only the name of the page changes. But what we’re doing in the constructors is always the same we’re always setting it to a driver. So therefore that’s redundant and doesn’t have much purpose and obviously going to causes problems whenever we need to maintain stuff. So the solution to that problem is to add a base page class that will help us to control a lot of our common elements throughout our pages.
So I’m going to quickly code and add the base page here and then we can talk about what I did after.
All right. So the base page has been added. Let’s go ahead and walk through what I just did. And the purpose of it.