In this post, I will discuss the best selenium tutorials that you can find online in 2019.
Rather than wasting time with poor tutorials, I wanted to provide you the most useful content.
Most of these tutorials I have watched myself and the others I analyzed thoroughly to make sure that it’s quality and should be recommended to you.
To serve you better, I provided the cost of the course, the author, and the technologies that are used in the course…
That way you can target your technology of choice.
Below is my list of these best selenium tutorials.
Table of Contents
- 1 Selenium 2 WebDriver Basics with Java
- 2 Complete Selenium WebDriver with C# – Build a Framework
- 3 Setting a Foundation For Successful Test Automation
- 4 Selenium WebDriver With Python 3.x – Novice To Ninja
- 5 Selenium WebDriver with Java & Cucumber BDD
- 6 BDD with Selenium WebDriver and Specflow using C#
- 7 Robot Framework Test Automation – Level 1 (Selenium)
- 8 Mobile Test Automation: Appium (Latest), Cucumber and Ruby
- 9 Selenium Guidebook
- 10 Selenium WebDriver, SpecFlow, and BDD
- 11 Automation Architect – Selenium WebDriver – 7 Live Projects
- 12 Did I miss anything?
Author: Alan Richardson
Technologies Learned: Java, JUnit
There are a ton of courses out there to learn Selenium WebDriver. Most of them are… let’s say not too good.
But it gets better:
Alan Richardson’s course is just awesome. I spent the money to take it and it was well worth it! He will teach you many different aspects to learn Selenium WebDriver such as how to:
– Handle iFrames
– Perform user interactions such mouse clicks
– Work with tabs
– And so much more, from basic to advanced
Author: Nikolay Advolodkin
Topics Learned: Complete Framework Development with C# and Selenium
Yes, this is a shameless plug for my course, but in all honesty, this is probably the best Selenium with C# course out there…
I’m always looking myself… And I can’t find another one.
But take a look for yourself here.
Here’s the kicker:
Furthermore, this course is the only course in the world that will teach you how to build your own automation framework from scratch.
And provide you the lifelong skill of framework development.
No other course in the world does this… Please Google and find another similar course…
I’ve tried unsuccessfully 🙁
Some of the topics that you will learn are:
– Selenium WebDriver from A to Z
– The Page Object Model, the most effective way to create automation testing frameworks
– C# for beginners to make you efficient at coding frameworks
– Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDA) – an advanced technique for creating a 30 minute framework
– Much more here
Author: Angie Jones
Topics Learned: Test automation strategy
This is a new course that was released on January 1st 2019 by Test Automation University from Applitools. This course is not a strict Selenium tutorial.
The reason that this course is here is because this course is fundamental to all test automation, regardless of technology.
Most clients that I work with suffer from some or all of the topics covered here. Knowing Selenium well won’t help them if they don’t have the right foundational automation knowledge.
Some of the topics that you will learn are:
– Designing a test automation strategy so that your project can actually succeed with automation
– Creating a culture for test automation success
– Developing for test automatability was my favorite section. This showed great examples of strategies to take to overcome the many challenges of UI automation. Ultimately, reducing flakiness and increasing trust in automation
Author: Lets Kode It
Topics Learned: Python, Selenium Webdriver
This is another great course on how to implement an automation framework from scratch using real web application. At the end of this course, you will have a detailed understanding of the following:
– Web automation frameworks
– Design and implementation of structured automation frameworks.
– How to lead any Selenium automation project on your own.
– The required skills to automate any web application.
– Python Programming Language
– How to write efficient testing code
– How to perform cross-browser testing
– Unittest and Pytest Frameworks
– How to easily clear Selenium Automation interviews if you are searching for jobs
Author: Tim Short
Topics Learned: Java, Cucumber BDD
In this course, you will learn how to build a start to finish web automation testing framework and simulate user behavior on a web application. Here are things you expect to learn from this course:
– Write realistic automated test scripts for web applications
– Build robust test frameworks and custom libraries
– Integrate Java with Selenium
– Design a data-driven test framework
– Find elements on a web page and simulate user behavior
– Automate user actions across multiple browser platforms
– Develop Cucumber / BDD test plans with feature files using Gherkin
– Continuous integration and testing
Author: Rahul Singh Rathore
Topics Learned: Selenium Webdriver, SpecFlow, C#
By the end of this course, you will have a great understanding of the following:
– Selenium Webdriver using C#
– How to use Selenium Webdriver to test web-based application
– Advantages of Selenium Webdriver over Selenium RC
– How to use C#
Author: Bryan Lamb
Topics Learned: Selenium WebDriver and Robot Framework
This is another great course to learn the following:
– How to install and configure Robot Framework test automation tool plus libraries like Selenium, API, database, and more
– Create & run your first Robot Framework test automation script (Selenium Webdriver example)
– Understand the basics of many Robot Framework test automation libraries (Selenium Webdriver, API, Database, XML, Files, etc.)
– Use the page object pattern to create more reusable, easier to interpret test automation scripts
– Run/execute Robot Framework automated tests in many different ways, including from a command window, batch files, Jenkins, and Windows task scheduler
-Create user-defined keywords to express your tests in business domain terms instead of cryptic Selenium Webdriver code
Author: Aleksie Petrovski
Topics Learned: Appium, Cucumber, Ruby
This is a great place to learn mobile test automation. At the end fo this course, you will be able to learn the following:
– How to use Appium framework with Android OS
– How to automate any Android application using Appium
-How to use aleCucumber framework for any testing project including Selenium
– How to work with Android real devices and emulators
– How to use Appium inspector and Uiautomatorviewer to identify elements in an application
– How to install all required tools to begin test automation
– Implement scalable framework using Cucumber and Ruby
– How to use Appium gestures: swipe, scroll, tap
– Bonus: Setup project for iOS app with basic elements
Author: Dave Haeffner
This isn’t purely just a video course to learn Selenium WebDriver. This is actually a collection of a bunch of great resources from Dave. You get video tutorials, an e-book, and cheat sheets. I bought it myself and am definitely satisfied. Here you can learn:
– Local configurations
– Cloud configurations
– Write maintainable tests
– Much more
Topics Learned: Selenium Webdriver, C#, BDD
This is an excellent course on PluralSight that will teach you how to do Behavior Driven Development using SpecFlow framework. Jason does an excellent job teaching the relevant topics for BDD. It’s actually the only BDD course that I have seen for the SpecFlow framework. Some things that you can learn are:
– Page Objects in Selenium
– Behavior Driven Development concepts
Author: Rahul Arora (Raman)
Topics Learned: Selenium Webdriver
In this course, you will learn the following:
– How to master the framework designing part
– How to crack automation interviews easily
Did I miss anything?
Have you taken a phenomenal course that you think I should list here? Please comment below and let me know 🙂